What are the signs of a weak immune system?
The immune system helps to protect the body from harmful pathogens and other environmental risk factors.
If the immune system of an individual is weak he will be more prone to various illnesses both communicable and non-communicable.
Different factors weaken the immune system such as :
Poor health conditions of mother and father may impact the immune system of the new one.
- Fried and reheated foodstuff.
- Unnatural foodstuff
- Lack of physical activity
- Late-night sleep
- Sudden variation of temperature of the body.
- Poor digestion
- Certain medicines and medical conditions
How to assess the person has ais the poor immune system
1. Recurrent infections and delayed recovery such as cold cough flu commonly everybody has 2-3 episodes of flu in a year and recover 7-10 days, but if somebody has it more frequent attacks and may take longer to recover.
2. Poor digestive system is another sign of a weak immune system, frequent diarrhea, constipation, bloating symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
3. Delayed wound healing: if the immune system is weak then wounds take a long to heal and produce inflammation and infection and increase the risk of infection.
4. Fatigue: Chronic Fatigue is another symptom poor immune system.
5. Autoimmune Disease: In Autoimmune disorder, the immune system mistakenly attacks its cells. When the immune system is weak it may get low activity or overactive if it becomes overactive then it may increase the risk of Autoimmune disorder. This is what happening with vaccination we are force full activating the immune system and as a result of that no. of Autoimmune Diseases are increasing day by day.
6. Delayed Growth and development: Children with poor immunity have poor growth and development.
Cool feet and hands are another sign of poor circulation of blood due to poor immunity.
7. Chronic inflammation: Any long-term inflammation is due to a weak immune system. Chronic inflammation causes many diseases such as Cancer, Diabetes, Hypertension fatty liver, etc
Above are the few symptoms that can help us to assess that the immune system is not working properly.
Ayurveda considers Ojas as the prime factor responsible for immunity.
Ojas is a Sanskrit term that means Vigor or essence of Vitality.
Ojas is considered as Bala strength of every Dhatu (supportive tissue of Body ). It promotes strength, vitality, lubrication, and immunity.
Shuruta Acharya considers it as the essence of all the vital tissues of the body. Our mental, physical and spiritual strength depends upon Ojas. It is our best safeguard against mental and physical diseases.
If Ojas get depleted then it will produce the following symptoms such as :
- Lose joint
- Weakness of body
- Disturbed all Doshas
- Inability to perform normal functions
- It also hinders the physical, vocal, and mental activity
- Change of complexion
- Feeling sleepy all the time.
- Feeling stress, fear
- Discomfort is senses
- Feeble mental stamina
- Dryness or roughness of skin
- Worries without reason
The cause of Reduced Ojas is
- Excessive physical activity
- Improper nutrition
- Consumption dry nature of food cooked in less water and more spices and overlooked different factors weaken
- Grief and sorrow
- Old age
- Mental and physical trauma
- Excessive indulgence in sexual activities